Wednesday, March 24, 2010

APEX 4.0: Feedback link

APEX is written in APEX, so all feature you see in APEX you can do in your application as well.

One of the nice things in APEX 4.0 is Team Development and a way to get customer feedback.


To enable such a Feedback link in your application you have to do the following:

1) Create the Feedback Page


2) Edit the Application Attributes and Allow Feedback


3) Create a Feedback Navigation Link


4) In the Page Template, the APEX Development team already foresaw a #FEEDBACK# token, so I guess they want to give you control how and where the Feedback link is shown. However I couldn't get that to work yet, so that is still work in progress.


I believe this is a very useful feature... we actually already build such a functionality for our APEX 3.x applications, so it's nice to see it will be part of APEX itself in the future.

3 comments:

Stew said...

I think it's pretty cool they defined some basic options on this page: Feedback Type and Components. I have to assume you get to specify those via a LOV when you define the feedback page.

I'm guessing also that the feedback probably gets saved to an Apex view you can access from the application? Or can you specify an email address? Personally I'd prefer the former, for historical purposes.

I'm just wondering if it will include automatic protection from the spam bots, something like CAPTCHA? Or maybe we'll have to add that ourselves?

Cool stuff! Thanks for delving into this and giving us a hint.

Dimitri Gielis said...

Hi Stew,

I just posted a reply to your question here: http://dgielis.blogspot.com/2010/03/apex-40-looking-at-feedback-through.html

Hope you find it useful.

Thanks,
Dimitri

Unknown said...

Dimitri,
Images in this like is not visible now.

Thanks
Ranish